Wednesday 12 December 2012

Electrical Training & Experience



I am currently a jobbing electrician (or "spark" as we're nicknamed), having achieved distinction IMI (Institute of the Motor Industry) grades in Auto Electrics at the Manchester College over the last few years.

Apart from doing service & maintenance work for family, friends & neighbours I am currently an electrical fitter for Halfords, which I intended to pursue to keep myself in funds whilst I am studying. At present I am part way through an IMI  Level 2 Vehicle Mechanics qualification, which I will need, along with a Level 3 in order to be able to apply for work sometime in the future as an Auto Electrical Lecturer.

I have also worked as an electrician at a local coach-building firm, which involved fitting tracking, navigation and alarm systems into new vehicles for the Prison Service. Some of the photos to the right of the blog picture this stage of my career. Not badly paid on reflection, though very boring work... All good experience though I suppose.



Sadly some of my tools were stolen there... well, DH, I know where you work now, so one of these dark nights, I may be paying you a visit...

4 comments:

  1. Great stuff, It's indeed a very useful and informative topic about maintenance skills training. Thanks for sharing, it really helps me a lot. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In an electrical power system there is a web of wires and fuses which have the main function of delivering the current and the power to various electrical components. The quality of these electrical components decides for your safety. So, be very careful while choosing your auto component manufacturers. However, there are many auto component companies which provide quality electrical component but the one who ensures quality and durability is the right one.

    Blacktown auto electrician

    ReplyDelete
  3. For electrical work there is requirement of good concept as it is complex stream.Electrician Apprenticeship should be done before jumping to real world because it helps in clearing concept.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very good information a really nice blog. keep it up!!!
    Electrician stowe ma

    ReplyDelete